These bars are specially requested and made for Lana at EOM, Ethical Omnivore Movement. Lana is a spunky, fun gal ~ check out her site for great information and some laughs along the way!
The mission of EOM: “Our mission is that the world joins us in our very important, highly essential quest to be ethical earthlings… There need be no shame in the use of animal based products…. just in the cruel, wasteful, careless, irreverent attainment of them. That we submit, extends to all relationships in our lives… especially the one with our gracious Mother Earth.”
- 1 cup almond meal (ground up almonds in a food processor)
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 organic egg, whisked
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 3 ounces 72% organic dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 cup canned coconut cream
- 1/4 cup raw, local honey
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons ghee or organic butter
- 2 teaspoon coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix brownie ingredients together until blended and pour into a greased 8×8 pan. Cook for approximately 12 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool. Cut into squares and place on a cooling rack.
- In a double boiler, melt dark chocolate and coconut oil. Drizzle over bars.
- In a saucepan, place caramel ingredients. Heat on medium until liquid reaches the “soft crack stage/270 degrees” on a candy thermometer. Drizzle over bars.
- Sprinkle with sea salt (optional).