In the past, I’ve only roasted my butternut squash, but today I decided to try it in mash form. This would be a great addition to any Thanksgiving feast!
- 1 butternut squash
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon Vietnamese cinnamon (or cinnamon of choice)
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 1.5 tablespoon organic butter, melted
- 1/4 cup crushed pecans
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice butternut squash lengthwise and remove seeds.
- Place flesh down in a lightly greased baking pan.
- Cook for 60 minutes. Cool until easy to handle.
- In a mixing bowl, scoop out the flesh of the butternut squash and discard the skins. Add ginger, cinnamon, honey and butter. Blend until smooth.
- Fold in nuts and serve.