I’ve been having so much fun playing around with my veggie spiraler and different root veggies. Chicken Noodle Soup just seemed like the next obvious choice!
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 4 cups homemade chicken broth or broth of choice
- 2 tablespoons organic butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 medium turnip, peeled
- sea salt and ground pepper to taste
- In a heavy-bottomed pot, place butter, chicken, onion, celery, carrots and bay leaf. Cook on medium until onions are translucent.
- Add broth, thyme, garlic and S&P. Bring to boil. Reduce to a simmer for 30 minutes.
- Spiral the turnip. Roughly cut “noodles” onto 1-inch lengths. Simmer for an additional 5 minutes.