This is some good, down-home Southern food!
- 6 chicken drumsticks
- 3/4 cup almond meal
- 1 tablespoon Mural of Flavor (or Italian Seasoning or preferred spice)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 4 tablespoons ghee or organic butter, softened
- 3 + 6 eggs
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- 1 small banana
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground celery seed
- Pure maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In one bowl whisk 3 eggs. In a another bowl mix almond meal, Mural of Flavor and salt and pepper. Lightly oil a baking dish (I used a couple of teaspoons of avocado oil).
- Dredge wings in egg mixture and then coat with seasoned meal. Place in oiled baking dish. Do this with each chicken leg.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes until cooked inside (I use a meat thermometer) and until the chicken is browned (Flip chicken once during cooking time).
- Preheat waffle iron. Blend ghee, 6 eggs, coconut flour, almond butter, banana, baking powder, crushed red pepper flakes, ground celery seed and a pinch each of salt & pepper. Pour the appropriate amount of batter in your waffle maker. Mine yielded 6 Belgium waffles.
- Serve chicken and waffles with a light drizzle of pure maple syrup.