The autumn breeze just screamed for this recipe. Very simple ~ it makes the house smell fantastic ~ and it’s just good. Great by itself or on the side of a pork chop!
- 4 lbs variety of apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 lb pears, any variety, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 tablespoon Vietnamese Cinnamon (or cinnamon of choice)
- 1/8 cup water
- juice from 1 navel orange
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- Add all ingredients to your slow cooker, cooking on low heat.For the first two hours, stir about every 20 minutes or so, breaking the fruit down with your stirring spoon. Let cook overnight (approximately 8 hours). I like my applesauce chunky, so I just break down the mixture with my spoon until desired chunkiness. If you like your applesauce completely smooth, then use an immersion blender or regular blender.
- Serve warm or cold. Refrigerate.