This took several tries to perfect, but it was worth it!
- 8 ounces organic whipping cream
- 10 ounces unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 large egg whites
- 6 ounces 72% dark chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine cream (liquid form), coconut, almond extract, honey, vanilla extract and salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg whites until medium-firm peaks.
- Fold firm egg whites into medium bowl ingredients.
- Form 1-inch wide balls with your hands…pack them together. Place on a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- Let balls cool for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, melt chocolate in a double boiler over low heat. Dip half of a macaroon in the melted chocolate.
- Refrigerate macaroons.