This recipe started with a request to make peanut butter cookies. Obviously, in Paleoville, there is no such thing as peanuts (!), so I tried it with Almond Butter. My first attempt got a big thumbs-down from my girls (not sweet enough; too dry). So, this batch added a mashed banana and just a little extra raw honey to try to counteract the initial negative results. The flavor came out great; although, this is not a crispy type of cookie ~ it’s more of the “cakey” variety.
- 3/4 cup creamy unsalted almond butter
- 1/3 cup raw honey
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoon almond meal
- 1 medium ripe banana
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, blend all ingredients until well-mixed.
- On a parchment-lined cooking sheet, drop small spoonfuls about 1-inch between cookies. Cook for 12 minutes until the edges start to brown.
- Let stand for at least 30 minutes so that the cookies can set.