My favorite things to cook are things that I’ve never cooked before. So, last week when I was at Whole Foods, I stood in front of meat counter and decided to try short ribs. I have finally mastered “regular” ribs, so I thought I’d give these a shot. I found several recipes out there in InternetLand for Korean Short Ribs and finally tweaked and combined flavors until I came up with this paleo-friendly recipe. As with a lot of meats, especially ribs, low and slow is the key!
- 1.5 pounds beef short ribs, bone-in
- 1/3 cup coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon raw honey or coconut palm sugar
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 2 kiwis, peeled and diced
- 1/3 cup water
- Whisk together all ingredients except for the ribs. Pour over ribs and refrigerate overnight (about 12 hours).
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Sear on a hot grill or grill skillet for 3 minutes per side (four sides).
- Place in covered Dutch oven with 1/3 cup water and cook for 2 hours or until desired doneness. Baste about halfway through baking process with marinade. The meat should pull away from the bone.