I came up with this idea when I made the Crab, Bacon and Parsnip Chowder. Once I realized that parsnips could be substituted for potatoes, I thought I’d try a potato salad…so here goes!
- 1 pound parsnips, peeled and cubed
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon whole grain Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill
- 12 ounces uncured nitrate-free bacon
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 cup paleonnaise
- Fill a medium pot about halfway with water and cubed parsnips. Cook on medium-high until the parsnips are fork tender. Drain. Set aside.
- Cut bacon into small 1/4-inch squares. Cook until crispy. Set aside on a paper towel-lined plate. Set aside.
- Mix all ingredients. Refrigerate at least 1/2 hour or until ready to serve.