This recipe was made at the request of my girls. They haven’t had Chicken McYuck-its (as they refer to them) in two years. My girls are great sports for trying all of my crazy creations, but every now and then, they just want something simple.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil (or preferred cooking oil)
- 1/3 cup mustard (any preferred variety)
- 1/3 cup raw honey
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Place chicken breasts between two pieces of parchment paper and pound to 1/2 inch thickness with the smooth side of a mallet. Cut chicken into 1-inch strips. Set aside.In one bowl, whisk the eggs. In another bowl, combine almond meal, coconut flour, sea salt, and fresh thyme. Set these bowls aside.In skillet, heat half of the coconut oil on medium. Dredge the chicken pieces in the egg and then in the flour mixture.
- Place in skillet. Do this with half of the chicken and cook 2-3 minutes per side, depending on the size of your chicken pieces. Transfer chicken to a paper towel-lined plate. Repeat this cooking process with the second half of the chicken. Serve with honey mustard.