I’ve been subbing avocado for mayo in my deviled eggs for about a year now, but today I decided to ”pimp my eggs” guacamole-style. Great for Easter, parties, sides or just because!
- 1 dozen eggs, hard-boiled
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1-2 cloves of garlic
- juice from 1/2 lime
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro for the filling, 1 tablespoon for garnish
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha (or whatever you have to give it kick)
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 5-6 grape tomatoes
- To hard-boil eggs: Place the eggs in a pot and fill with water just above the eggs. Bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cover for 12 minutes. Immediately pour out water and replace with cold water. I also gently put a large glass of ice into the pot. This immediately chilling of the eggs will give you better results when peeling the egg shells off.
- Slice the eggs in half. Place the egg white halves on a place. Put the yolks in a mixing bowl. Finely chop 1T of the cilantro and add to mixing bowl. Add remaining ingredients except for the additional cilantro and tomatoes reserved for garnish. Mix until smooth.
- Place mixture into a piping bag and distribute among the eggs. (Alternatives: Use a Ziploc bag and cut the end off to pipe or simply use a spoon to distribute the mixture.)
- Thinly slice the grape tomatoes. Roughly chop the remaining cilantro. Place one tomato slice on top of each egg. Sprinkle the chopped cilantro on top. Enjoy!